Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

& Other Stories Blush in Oldham Red

Jinji Koko by Sunset Rollercoaster
This is the second product I've purchased from '& other stories' (the first product I bought was a lipstick). What I really like about the & other stories (&OS) range of makeup is the clean almost sterile simplicity, pigmented shades and stylised product arrangements. There are testers usually available for each product and the general vibe in the store is of a laid-back boho boutique meets Scandinavian minimalism, meets stylish Parisian, meets lively LA fashion. I've not tried any clothing as of yet, but I have been tempted which means a lot since more often than not I'm just there for the makeup. 
Oldham Red - The packaging is so chic
Now, after finding myself aimlessly walking through a newly opened &OS store (they're popping up in a lot of places) I took to what we - the modern makeup enthusiasts - know best to do, swatching. I swatched here and there, I basically swatched everywhere, to the point where I could swatch no more. One of the most important things I came across in my swatch fest was Oldham Red. A beautifully deep and broody purplish red berry that whispered the sweet promise to my ears that it would show up on my skin and show up it did!  

In fact, it shows up so well that if I'm not careful, I can go from looking delicately flushed and lightly contoured to looking battered and bruised in as little as one careless swipe. For someone with dark skin who can sometimes get away with being heavy-handed, a blush like this is a dangerous and rare piece of makeup itinerary that this dinosaur had to go back to school for. A gentle and light application is the key to success - I must repeat to myself as I add a hint of colour to gentle blush and sculpt.
& Other Stories Blush in Oldham Red - swatched
Oldham Red: Is a gorgeous smooth deep colour that blends really well. I think this shade is a great colour for dark skin as it works similarly to Mac Raizin. Meaning that you can use it add a natural flush to the skin or to contour with (light 80s drapping anyone?). I wouldn't say that Oldham Red and Mac Raizin are dupes in colour but, they definitely perform similarly for the same purpose. However, if I was to compare the two on performance and price - Oldham Red is smoother, more berry toned (natural flush) without any shimmer and cheaper. Thus, if you're looking for a blush that will give you a heated and (if used lightly) a natural/subtle contour to the face this blush is a real beauty to try outJust don't be too heavy-handed and treat it like the gem it is. 

One last thing: The blush is embossed with the words "Go girl seek happy nights to happy days", which is a nice chic addition to an already beautiful blush. I like when my makeup speaks happy thoughts ;)
Price: £10.00/$15.00 US
First four Ingredients: Talc, Dimethicone, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Silica etc.

Have you tried anything for & Other Stories?
What's your favourite blush?
Do you even like blush?
These are all important questions to ask in life ...

Your comments are always welcomed and appreciated!


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar