Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Review: ELF Smoky Eye Edition Beauty Book

ELF has a couple of these Beauty Books available online, there are several different ones: smoky, neutral and eye brights. There are also beauty encyclopedias which come with additional items like cream shadows and blushes depending on which one you get. I have the Smoky Eye Edition Beauty Book to show and review for you today. This one has a variety of light and dark shadows, perfect for creating a smoky eye depending on how dramatic or subtle you want it to look. I am also giving one of these away in my 500 Follower Giveaway if you haven't entered yet, definitely check that out.

These beauty books sell for $5 online, which is very affordable and inexpensive. As you tell in the picture above you get 12 eyeshadows, an eyeliner and a double ended sponge applicator (cut off in picture). These come in a book format, you open it up and there are directions on the left, a plastic film layer to separate the shadows from the rest of the package and then what you see above. What appealed to me right away were the 4 bottom shades, they look like the colours that I'd love wearing. The size of the shadows are huge too! so you get a lot there.

Row 1: matte white, sparkley gray, shimmery black and shimmery light gray.

Row 2: white/off green, satin sage green and golden brown

Row 3: yellow champagne, cream, taupey brown and bronzy brown

These shadows are pretty good. I would recommend definitely using a primer with these and patting it onto your lid. I find they are very pigmented, but also very powdery and chunky. When I wore these the first time, I noticed I had shimmers all under my eyes on my cheeks, there is fallout with these. So I would recommend doing your eye makeup first, and then doing the rest of your makeup (foundation etc) if you wear these. However, I do love the bottom two shadows in this book, especially that taupe one, it's just gorgeous. I recently ordered the Neutral Eye Beauty Book, so when I get that one, I will do a review as well. 

Do you have any of the ELF Beauty Books?

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar