Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

LEONID GUREVICH ON AURORA FASHION WEEK RUSSIA



 Dear Guys and Girls!

I just came back from Saint Petersburg, Russia, where I showcased my womenswear Fall/Winter 2012/13 capsule collection during Aurora Fashion Week Russia as part of a American program  presented by DEPESHA magazine. My collection, called the "TRIBUTE" was, indeed, a tribute to my muse, the late Ludmila Gurchenko.

 Ludmila Gurchenko was not only a cinematic legend, but she also was the epitome of extravagant elegance for Soviet and post Soviet Russia. I blogged about  it here and  here.  She wore the dresses I made for her on her performance and social events.
My whole collection shown at AFW was inspired by her style and featured all the elements she loved so much: feathers, laces, hats, furs, vintage embroideries etc....

 
 
 LEONID GUREVICH "THE TRIBUTE" at Aurora Fashion Week Russia.  Images by Anton Mokkas
 

BEHIND-THE SCENES
                                    LMA models have fun before LEONID GUREVICH show

Tender backstage moment. Leonid Gurevich with the model before the show. Photo: Yulia Byvsheva

All the stunning hats you saw on the models, are Sergey Policov one-of-a-kind creations.  I am preparing a separate post on him and his masterpieces. Stay tuned.

All the shoes for the show are a courtesy of A.N.C.I. - press room of the Association for Italian Shoe Manufacturers.

The gorgeous models are from LMA agency.
 
                                            LEONID GUREVICH "THE TRIBUTE" VIDEO: