Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

I Heart Spring Tag


Happy April!

It's been a while since I did one of these, but I was tagged by Kay from Shoes and Glitter for this awesome little survey! If you haven't already, please check Kay out, she is awesome. She is so sweet and has great in-depth beauty reviews with oh-so-cute photos. I am looking forward to spring and lighter clothes, although it's been windy where I live >_<;


Favorite spring nail polish?
Though I love pinks all year round, I find myself going really crazy over them once the season rolls around. I find myself reaching for robin's egg blue shades too!

Must have lip color this spring?
Oh I really miss my vampy fall shades! But I love me some pinks too, like NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream (Prague) or Laura Mecier Paint Wash Liquid Lip Color (Orchid Pink). I just had a Sephora haul (I'm bad...) and purchased my first YSL lip color...the Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Stain (204 Onde Rose) that's a sheer rosy bright pink for this season, and I will be sure to review it!

Favorite spring dress?
I love minidresses, and this is one of my favorite parts about spring. I feel so feminine in them, but it's also easy to slip on and just accessorize. I bought a blue minidress with white polkadots from H&M 4 years ago, and loved it. But when I put on a lot of weight on prednisone I couldn't wear it anymore (it's US size 6/UK 10). Now that I lost the majority of the weight, I am able to fit back into it!

Favorite flower?
I am such a flower girl, and I went crazy over them throughout the wedding planning. I love peonies but my wallet didn't, so I went with getting light pink ranunculus as part of my flowers and they are so gorgeous! They are just as fluffy as peonies but are in season in March, and they also look like those paper origami type of flowers (if you know what I mean).

Favorite spring accessory?
I have quite a lot of bright springy necklaces and bracelets. And of course, hats now that the sun is out and I am trying to protect myself.

What spring trends are you most excited for this year (makeup or fashion)?
Fashion wise, you can never go wrong with the classic minidress and wedges, or light colored button ups tucked in with trousers. For makeup, I am embracing the dewy skin with light coverage and rosy pink lipsticks and blushes. And extra highlight too, please!

Favorite spring candle?
I'm not a candle person (shocking, since most bloggers are crazy about them), but if I were to get one, I'd probably get a cherry blossom scented one.

Favorite body spray or perfume for spring?
Hands down, Roses de Chloé or Viva La Juicy.

What is spring like where you live?
Here in Sacramento (NorCal), the sun starts to open up in the spring and there are some showers, but not as much as during the winter. It starts to get warmer in March, but for some reason, it's been so chilly and windy! I missed all of the rain and hail when Cecilio and I were at our honeymoon though, haha! But I will say that Sacramento is one of the worst places for pollen and allergies. Everyone here is constantly sneezing and getting insanely horrible allergies! In fact, Sacramento's nickname is "City of Trees".

What is your favorite thing about spring?
Mini dresses (like I mentioned), rosy lips and blush, Easter, flowers blooming (without the allergies), 80° weather, and Picnic Day at UC Davis.

Are you a spring cleaner?
Nope, I am messy all year round. I am trying to change that though. I am married to a guy who is more of a neat freak, but embraces my messy ways. It's usually the opposite, isn't it?

Any plans for spring break or upcoming vacation?
Cecilio and I just came back from our honeymoon in Mexico! I will be sure to post about that. I think I will break it down into 4 posts: Our mainstay in Playa del Carmen, day trips to Tulum and Cozumel, and Mexican makeup haul. It was so so gorgeous and sunny, and we got to relax but tire ourselves out from exploring. It was amazing. And we had some of the most delicious food.

This tag is for anyone (and please let me know if you do this, I'd love to hear from you!), but I want to especially tag the following people:
Carol from Carol in a Page
Nadia from Miel and Mint
Shelleen from A Blushing Beauty Blog
Katie from Beauty from Katie
Tania from When Tania Talks
Kiran from A Little Kiran

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar